Engage and inspire your students by teaching the KS3 or KS4 Food Preparation & Nutrition curriculum through a virtual farm tour! These sessions may be particularly helpful if your practical sessions have been affected due to Covid19 restrictions, and you are looking for new and exciting ways of teaching.
- Choose the Year Group and curriculum area you would like the ‘tour’ to focus on.
- Show students how food is grown and/or processed on working UK farms, visiting different areas of arable and/or livestock farms.
- Experience hands-on, interactive activities with your students with provided or suggested props and produce from a farm.
- Include a curriculum linked Q&A session with a farmer by live video link (subject to availability and technical support).
- Explore a range of farm-linked career opportunities in the food sector (optional).
Teaching sessions will be designed especially for you and your students, and facilitated either in person or remotely by Gaina Dunsire, our Food Preparation & Nutrition specialist at LEAF Education. Choose from many farm-linked areas of the food curriculum including: food commodities, diet & nutrition, food processing & production, food choice, food provenance, sustainability or the social impact of food.
We don’t have any planned dates for this event right now but we can deliver all our activities on-demand, or our team of experienced educators can create tailored experiences for your specific needs.
Not finding quite what you’re looking for? Want to make some adjustments? We can develop bespoke training suitable for different settings, needs and requirements.
Looking for particular ideas about how to deliver maths outside the classroom? Need support in delivering exam specification points, or even on to bring the whole school together around farming, food production and the environment?
As well as tailoring our sample training courses shown here to your needs, our team of Regional Education Consultants can develop bespoke training for your school that can be adapted to cover different durations, subject focus, key stages or types of activity.
Contact us to explore bespoke training →