Meet an expert panel of Farmers, each with different farming specialisms, experiences, challenges and successes. This unique CPD opportunity will enable you to bring the syllabus to life with the use of memorable and inspiring real life case studies. As the panel share their love of the industry and offer an honest insight into the challenges of producing food whilst caring for the countryside. The agricultural industry provides the perfect landscape for so many learning opportunities…
- What is a successful agri-business and who are the stakeholders within the food industry?
- How important is a trained workforce in an industry experiencing a technological revolution?
- How does a business manage its marketing when it can only react to prices set by the global commodities market?
- What impact do social trends and external support mechanisms have on risk management within a business operating within local, national and global markets.
- What does financial planning look like for an industry reliant upon the weather and the global economy, both of which it has no control over?
You will leave the session with an insight into many aspects of the agricultural industry, ready to teach these topics with confidence and with plenty of ideas for engaging activities.
The course will also equip you with the confidence to signpost your students to related STEM career and Higher Education opportunities.