Minimum 60 days per year. Contract for services based on £164.80 per day + expenses. Additional days available for specific funded projects.
- Design an agreed termly programme of opportunities including elements such as: teacher workshops/meetings/events, seminars for farmers and growers, visits to schools, participation in conferences/shows/events, talks/training at initial teacher training sessions and support for newly qualified teachers.
- Manage the agreed budget for the principality and provide detailed monthly breakdown of expenses.
- Undertake regular monitoring, evaluation and reporting on activity against agreed targets and using LEAF Education’s processes.
- Forge and maintain relationships with partner organisations.
- Network effectively with members, rural organisations/initiatives, land based colleges and societies in Wales.
- Broaden contacts with farmers and growers, and support them to work with schools and offer farm visits.
- Develop the membership base in Wales
- Develop strong links with colleges and universities in Wales.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of resources, curriculum, exam specifications and educational initiatives from EYFS to Key Stage 5 with support from the wider LEAF Education team.
- Plan, manage and host small projects and events (e.g. workshops and seminars)
- Work with our national fundraiser to support bids relating to Wales, and co-operate with funders on delivering against their requirements.
- Seek opportunities to be an ambassador for LEAF Education and its supporters at events.
As part of the national team:
- Attend team meetings and professional development sessions at least three times a year, including a minimum of one residential.
- Write and contribute to educational resources and briefings.
- Collaborate with team members to share good practice and experience.
- Occasionally operate in England, for example leading a seminar in another region, or an online webinar.
- Contribute to national bids for funding and report on impact.
- Assist with the development of LEAF Education programmes, such as the biennial Bayer/LEAF Education Awards.
- Contribute towards the evaluation of LEAF Education’s work.
Click here to read the full advert.
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to be a Regional Education Consultant in Wales, then please send us your CV and covering letter, outlining why you are suited for the role, to arrive by 10th October 2019, to Janet Hickinbottom [email protected]. Interviews will be held on 29th October 2019.